Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bleargh

As I type this, I am currently upright, bleary-eyed and phlegmatic. I hate being sick. I reeeeeeally hate being sick. I'm trying to keep my mind focused on positive things about it, while I try to keep my trachea aligned with my chest cavity. I can't think of too much. It gives you a lovely amount of time off from other responsibilities, but it is only useful if you can keep your head up and your fingers active. Otherwise, you might as well be doing your mundane life. Bleargh, indeed.

At least I have my laptop finally up and working (she says with crossed fingers and a nervous disposition). Via the Internets, I have a world of distractions at my fingertips. Prior to gettting my laptop, sickness days were a book-only domain, but now they are a multi-media event. I'm not sure how good that is for getting better, but it's different, at least. And I still do the book thing, (me? Not read books? Sign of the impending zombiepocalypse!)

So, creative content....I think it's time to honour creativity in others. Last night, as i was swinging through the Internet jungle, I came across a couple of websites that deserve a nod or three.
First, is the site of Historiann, who launched a meme called Lessons for Girls. Kind of a feministic Robert Fulghum chain letter. But in a good way. Made me think, made me laugh and also made me ponder why we do the things we do as a society, all the unwritten laws. I really enjoyed the lessons on anger, Girl school, and don't peak early. But just as funny as the stories were the commentary - particularly on Girl School. The comments about what life lessons people figure they missed on the days they weren't in school was priceless. Worth a look! And cub, the last writer in the commentary gets my nomination for the Righteous Chutzpah award!!

So my question to you, dear readers, is what Girl School/ Boy School  lessons do you figure you missed out on?

No comments:

Post a Comment